Wednesday, July 6, 2011

While everyone is bitching and moaning abot the LED billboards and murals along side I-95, somehow this one got overlooked.

Local media has been abuzz lately because of the grotesque LED billboards and murals that seem to be popping up everywhere alongside our major highways, yet despite all the noise as of late and the fact that the Federal Highway Administration had deemed these signs illegal, somehow this one slipped through the cracks.  The sign is located on the east side of Le Jeunne road just south of Flagler St.  I only noticed it because the police had blocked the road one morning to allow the trucks to move the sign parts in place, I couldn't believe they were going to put a sign on this location and thought perhaps that it was just going to be temporary storage for the parts, before I knew it this popped up...



The color of the billboards structure was troubling as the only signs I've seen with that silver color metal were LED billboards, but that can't be right can it?  An LED billboard that close to the road less than three stories high with homes and offices all around it?  There's no way anyone would allow something like that to get built, right?  Consider that if you're a tourist leaving the airport heading for the Grove or Coral Gables, you're practically going to run into this sign, no one with a modicum of sense would allow a flashing LED billboard in a location like this, right????  Here's what I found the next day...



Unbelievable, a fucking LED billboard.  I never thought in a million years that I'd see something like this in Miami, disgusting.  I can't wait to see how this sign is going to illuminate the neighborhood at night.  I've never seen an LED billboard of this size this close to the road.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment