Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My tag is expired!

What a f-ing hassle.  My damn tag is expired which means I've once again procrastinated, missed the online renewal deadline and I'll have to schlep over to the local tag agency, fight the lines and wait to get a new decal for my miserable vehicle.  Fun, fun, fun.

As far as I can remember there were two types of tag agencies that you could go to, one was the state or county owned tag agency where they'd hand you your new tag or decal on the spot while with the others, you'd drop off your paperwork then go back the next day to pick up your new tag or decal.  Unbeknownst to me, it seems as if all the tag agencies now can print your decal or give you a tag right on the spot, so I figured if I'd find the smallest out of the way tag agency as possible I could be in and out in no time.  I happened upon this tiny place almost purely by accident...


Fantastic, a tiny tag agency in a forgotten part of town right behind Miami Jai Alai.  I figure I'll be in and out of there in no time.  Little did I know that when I'd walk in the place was going to be PACKED!  CRAP!  So here I am sitting in this god forsaken hell hole, two tellers working behind the bullet proof glass with at least a dozen or so impatient and angry people standing shoulder to shoulder waiting to get their crap and get on their way.

I end up waiting for nearly an hour till my turn came up but while I was waiting I struck up conversation with several of the people waiting.  It turns out that one of the reasons that this place was so packed was because it services a number of the car dealers in the area, one of the people I was talking to was a runner for one of the local dealers.  I noticed that the guy had about eight or ten files that he needed to get processed so I figured if I could get on the guys good side, perhaps he'd let me jump in front of him rather than make me wait another hour.  

So here I am in this place that seemed more like the county jails drunk tank than a tag agency, trying to chat up the misfit in front of me while doing a cost/benefit analysis of whether it was worth driving with an expired tag rather then waiting in line for my turn when the guy in front of me drops a bombshell.  He says...
You know the motherfuckers here were all arrested a while back right?
I quickly snapped out of my daze and asked him WTF?  He went on to tell me that the cops had done a raid on this tag agency and ended up arresting three of the tellers behind the counter for stealing money.  He also went on to tell me that the raid was run by the same cop that had busted in on the dealership that he worked at.  I asked him if he remembered anything about the cop, description, name, etc.  He goes on to tell me that he'd never forget the cop because during the raid on his dealership, he ran the receptionists name and found that she had a suspended license and arrested her while she was sitting behind her desk!  So I ask, what was this guys name to which he responds...
Some jackass named Baluja...

LOL!!!  How the hell could this be?  Our very own MDPD Detective Jorge Baluja?


That's it, our day is fucked.  We all know by now if Detective Dumbass Baluja is involved then somethings fucked up.  I'm off to the courthouse to do some digging, more tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment