Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Enough with the election bull$hit and an update on our grave robber story.

I'm sick to my stomach of the election and all the garbage that comes with it.  Now on to more important news, I drove past the cemetery, Evergreen Memorial Gardens, that was the subject of one of our posts last week where we found some unsavory folks going through one of the above ground graves.  As you may recall when we went back to get a closer look the grave robbers had taken off and this was what we had found...


When I drove by yesterday that same grave looked like this...


As you can see, someone did a half ass job of putting the casket back into the concrete box then put back the broken lid.  WTF?  This was no way for the deceased to exist, so I drove around looking for an office or a phone number for the cemetery in order to make some sort of complaint to the owners or managers of the property.  

After driving around the perimeter of the property I found nothing other than a broken gate and the old washed out sign from last time...



Since I couldn't find any contact info on sight, I did a quick search on Sunbiz to see who's responsible for the cemetery and found that the people that own the run down old decrepit cemetery are actually the owners of the Miami Times newspaper.  


WTF?  I know that the print media is going the way of the dinosaurs, I have to admit, owning a cemetery is a rather bizarre way to diversify!

At the very least I guess the half ass attempt at fixing the grave is better than nothing but it's still not good enough.  The poor man or woman that's in that grave deserves to have a proper burial after the looters disturbed their grave.  I guess I'll be making a call over to the Miami Times today to see if there's some way they can do right be the person whose grave was looted.

1 comment:

  1. I WONDER WHAT FAMILY WILL SAY IF THEY SEE THIS . THIS IS UNACEPTABLE .WHEN YOU POST THIS I THOUGHT THIS WAS SOME FOREIGN COUNTRY BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO IS IN USA WOW SHOCKING

    ReplyDelete