Friday, January 11, 2013

A rumor heard around the City of South Miami PD and a correction from yesterday's post.



There's a nasty rumor going on over at the City of South Miami PD the last couple of days.  Our sources at the PD are suggesting that embattled police chief, Orlando Martinez de Castro, is going to be suspended by the new city manager.  Like I said, at this point it's nothing but an unsubstantiated rumor and until which time I can provide some sort of proof we should treat it as such.  My sources also tell me that there are several members of the South Miami PD brass that are angling for the chief's job, I have to wonder though, considering that the chief has stacked his management team chock full of cronies, would the commission allow his replacement to be chosen from within the ranks?


On another note, the Miami Herald reporter that I quote yesterday as saying "Commissioner Harris was involved in a hit and run" contacted me and asked me to make a correction.  According the the Herald reporter the PD source told them that...
 "A South Miami commissioner was involved in a hit and run near Dadeland Mall".  
While it's not exactly what I had quoted, the source's intent was the same, to create a scandal when there wasn't one.

Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment