Tuesday, January 26, 2010

From gibberish to eloquence...

Yesterday we took a look at some random samples of how Detective Jorge Baluja spoke during his depositions in the Bernardo Barrera mortgage fraud case.  I'm sure you all were as surprised as I was listening to Mr. Baluja fumbling through those depositions spewing at times pure gibberish from his mouth.  Maybe the Detective has trouble speaking, perhaps he's a better writer?  Let's take a look at some of Detective Baluja's writing as it appears in one the arrest affidavits that he prepared for the Barrera mortgage fraud case...

From the affidavit...



What?!  "Your affiant"?  "In this capacity ...concerning identity theft"?  This hardly sounds like the guy who said:


"I didn't read them straight from the -- verbatim of the page, no, I didn't."

Let's look further...





 Really?  "purchased the same home for $185,000.00 from a Maxine Andrews and other grantors..."  No kidding?!  Does this sound like it came from the same man who said...


"It's a recorder that has the listening, so you can put it in your ear while you talk."
 

That doesn't seem right now does it?  Some how something seems off kilter here.  Let's look at one last excerpt from the arrest affidavit...



No kidding?  "earnest money"?  "induce the lender"?  That's rather nice considering the man who "supposedly" wrote that arrest affidavit gave us this gem...


"that's what she wrote in the writing"

You know what I think folks?  I've discussed our theory regarding the state prepared documentation that's in the case file before.  Unless Detective Baluja is some sort of idiot savant who can't speak yet can write as eloquently as we've seen in the arrest affidavit then there is something else going on.  Boy's and girls, I'm going to propose something ground breaking here, something that if true will land one of the major players in the Barrera mortgage fraud in a HEAP OF TROUBLE.  I'm going to suggest that the state prepared paperwork in the case file was not prepared by Detective Baluja, I believe that someone else wrote everything that's in there.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Detective had some input into what was written and was perhaps present when some of the documents were written, but I'm almost sure that he wasn't the author of said documents.  That's huge folks.  We'll look closer tomorrow...


As our loyal readers have noticed, we didn't make a post on Monday, too much happening in the real world and I just couldn't make the time to sit down and write.  Don't worry though, plenty to write about over the next few months (trust me) and in case you were worried, just because we miss a post here and there doesn't mean that we aren't keeping an eye on what's going on...










No comments:

Post a Comment